Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2nd Birthday Party Favors: Elmo and Abby Cadabby Treat Bags!

Elmo and Abby Cadabby Treat Bags

My god-daughter Amiyah's 2nd birthday party last year had an Elmo and Abby theme. I offered to make the treat bags for her party.
Finished bags: Came out cute right?


All ready to go!


Displayed at the party!



Here is what I did step by step:

1. Bought red and pink little paper treat bags from A.C. Moore. They come 12 in a pack so I bought 1 pack of red and one pack of pink.
2. I borrowed some construction paper from my classroom. I needed: white, black, blue, orange, pink, and purple.
3. I found some cute little think flowers in my classroom art supplies. You could find them at an AC Moore or Michael's. You could also use flower stickers.
4. I cut out enough white circles for the eyes of Elmo and Abby. I traced something circular to make sure they were even. For the pupils I used little garage sale label stickers that I got at the dollar store that I then made them black using a permanent black marker. For Abby's eyes I cut blue circles in half and then added a black line to give her an eyeliner looker with permanent marker.
5. I then cut half moon sorta shapes with black and pink construction paper for their lips.
6. For Elmo's nose, I made ovals using orange construction paper and for Abby's I cut out pink circles.
7. Phew! Elmo is ready to put together and complete!
8. For Abby's hair I searched everywhere for a template to print and cut out and then trace on purple paper. You can find the template I used here:
9. It took a while to cut out her hair, but once that's complete she's super easy to put together.
10. Last step to complete Abby: give her little freckles using a pink marker.

Treats inside the bags:

The Dollar Tree and Target are where I got all my treats. Here's some of what I purchased:
  • little magic wands  (perfect for Abby Cadabby!)
  • princess rings
  • beaded necklaces
  • mini-mazes
  • matchbox cars
  • candy
  • mini-playdough containers
Cupcakes my talented Mother-in-Law made!

The head table for the bday girl.

Centerpieces my sister-in-law made: Balloons with a square of wrapping paper


It was a great party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment